Our Founder, Lindsey Pluimer, was an All-American basketball player at UCLA. Inspired by a class discussion, Lindsey pledged to visit Africa and work to address inequality there. When she had the opportunity to travel to South Africa, she recognized the immense lack of basic human rights, but she also saw, first hand, the resilience and hope in the communities she visited.
Lindsey was motivated to take action. She returned to the states, retired from professional basketball and founded With My Own Two Hands Foundation in 2011 with the commitment to provide children with the basic human rights of water, food and access to education.
Meet Our Team
Board of Directors
- Lindsey PluimerFounder & CEO
- Brian JanssenBoard Member
- Keith KoomanBoard Member
- Sharon ParkBoard Member
- Matthias WeberBoard Member
- Juliana VélezBoard Member
- Bernard OgutaEast Africa Regional Director
- Nicholas KatahProgram Coordinator, Kenya
- Patrick KimotProgram Agronomist
- Sara MyersDirector of Advancement
- Jazzmyn LunaAdvancement Coordinator
- Isabella MudgeCommunications and Operations Coordinator